Re: Re[4]: [AD] adding new target to allegro: OpenWatcom Win32

> Wonderful things are everywhere in the allegro sources:
> What the sense is to write constructions such as "(void (*proc)(void)"
> directly
> and have special macros (AL_METHOD etc.) for the same defined?

The AL_* macro are supposed to be reserved for entities exported by the
library, that is entities defined by Allegro and accessible from the
outside.  I guess you also need macros for entities defined outside the
library and called by the library like registered functions.

> that's what makes Allegro porting a real pain :(

I'd rather think it's the compiler in the present case.  Rule #1 of compiler
writers: be compatible with the vendor compiler.

> I consider it normal for how could atexit() call functions of
> different calling conventions? Any pointer to a function must be
> marked as a function with a certain convention and if none stated -
> default compilers (and RTL) c.c. is assumed.

Ok, so I presume Watcom can't use any of the various standard C runtimes on
Windows (crt.dll, msvcrt.dll, ...)?

--
Eric Botcazou