Re: [AD] adding new target to allegro: OpenWatcom Win32

>   - I need to use compiler's default calling and naming convention
>   "register-based" one which entails modifications to assembler
>   routines, I suppose. So where do such defines resident (asmdef.c, I
>   suppose) ?

What are these special calling conventions exactly?  If you want to run
under Windows, you have to follow the Win32 calling conventions, at least
externally.  So I don't see the need to use special conventions, even
internally.  Can you not simply use the MSVC/MinGW ones?

The assembly routines (except a few of them, specific to the Watcom
compiler) are meant to be compiled by the GNU assembler and exported by the
DLL, so you cannot change their calling conventions.

>   - What specific include files should I add (alwatwin.h based on
>   alwatcom.h and almsvc.h I suppose) ?

Looks sensible.

>   OpenWatcom supports COFF, OMF, ELF object files so there should be
>   no problems with MingW as.exe .

You'd better use PE-COFF if you really have to make a choice.

>   - Where to add defines denoting the chosen OpenWatcom Win32 target
>   (I invented ALLEGRO_WATWIN) ?

fix.bat and fix.sh

--
Eric Botcazou