Re: [AD] file.c # patch

On Saturday 07 August 2004 01:53, Chris wrote:
> Unfortunately not since, AFAIK, replace/get_filename and the like do not
> depend on the file existing to work. So there's no way to know what the
> programmer means by having a # in the filename.

Ah yes, I see your point. As no one has raised any objections, I'll go
ahead and apply the patch.

> As I mentioned before, I think the best thing to do is to retain the
> level of datafile#object filename compatibility this patch provides, but
> recommend that future use have the datafile object seperator use the
> system path seperator (or force / for all systems), so it'd be
> datafile/object.

Forcing / would be the best option in that case, as using \ is non-portable
and a pain anyway (because of escape sequences).
Did your patch already implement this behavior or will we need an
additional one?

Evert