Re: [AD] New possible driver and accelerated features?

Hi Chris,

> As for a new (gfx) driver idea, what about a DirectX 9 (or
even 7 or 8)
> driver that's seperate from the current one? I don't use
Windows
> anymore, but given the advantages that 7/8/9 have over 3
(or 2?), I
> think having a newer version available would be well worth
it, even if
> it is a seperate driver.
7 would be the best, since 9 (and 8?) do not technically
have DirectDraw anymore.  However, I'm not really sure what
would be gained
by doing this, other than one or two misc. accelerated
functions like
transparency...

> Though obviously since none of us really use Windows we'd
have to ask
> someone else to do it, but I think we should take a
proactive approach
> (ie. asking those who do use Windows to please do it)
instead of just
> hoping they can as a side project.
I'll do it if there's something resembling a consensus :).

(BTW I use OSX, Mandrake and Win2k, but Windows 95% of the
time
because I like it the best.  Also, I'm a developer for
wxWidgets, among
other things :)).

Regards,
Ryan