Re: [AD] Allegro window icon under X

[Still writing from some ugly web-interface]
> Revised patch attached.
>
> > Personally, I'd prefer if the name would be <icon>.c, where <icon> is
> > the bitmap name, or if there would be a -o switch for the output file
> > name.
>
> I have added a -o flag to the xfixicon.sh script that makes it possible to
> change the name of the output file (the default is still allegro_icon.c
> though).

Yes, nice, thanks. So I can do in my Makefile now: xfixicon.sh icon.bmp -o
src/icon.c :)

> > And the xpm files also are very evil:
> >
> > static char *allegico_xpm[] = {
> > "48 48 6 1",
> >
> > Apparently a "const" is missing.. so I get lots of warnings - maybe a
> > sed could be used on the generated file to add the const.
>
> Done.

Compiles without warnings now.

> > I'm pretty sure I was also thinking of FAQ 9.1 from
> > http://www.windowmaker.org/faq-chapter9.html
>
> The attached patch makes appicons appear for Allegro programs, but with a
> hickup: it only works on odd calls to set_gfx_mode(). This is most
> noticable in the test program, where an app icon appears when the program
> is started, disappears when the graphics mode is selected, then reappears
> if it is changed again from the menu, disappears if set again, etc.
> I'm clueless as to what is causing this behavior though. If anyone else
> can
> reproduce this and figure it out, I'd be glad to hear it.

I can't reproduce this with test. But I noticed, AllegroGL applications
don't have an icon. I didn't investiagete if maybe AGL opens its own window
or something, in which case AGL would need to be changed - but an icon with
AGL would be nice as well.

I also found another reason to do the xfixicon.c at some point: Palette
index 0 (probably also color #ff00ff) should be transparent in the produced
XPM - else all my icons have an ugly black rectangle. But it's easy enough
to fix the xpm manually - and I'm meaning to write xfixicon.c anyway :)

> On a different note, has anyone had any luck connecting to SourceForge's
> CVS server today? I haven't been able to read from, much less write to,
> the CVS tree.

Seems to work again now.