Re: [AD] m4 macro for allegro

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 12:51:42PM +0200, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Shouldn't we put allegro.m4 into the misc directory? Else if confuses
> someone trying to understand Allegro's build process.

Hmm... yes, you're probably right.

> (And I'm with Eric
> in not understanding its purpose.)

It facilitates configure checks for programs that want to know if a specific
version of Allegro is available on the target system. Currently, I do
this by trying to run allegro_config and analysing the output of
allegro_config --version, but having an easier way to do this from my
own configure script is something I would see gladly.

Evert