Re: [AD] m4 macro for allegro

> Looks like that stuff can go away.

Ok I removed that bit

> There is something else in the m4 macro that also doesnt work:

I left that in tact, in case someone wants to activate it.

> The patch looks ok to me.

Committed to mainline. I see no reason it couldn't be applied to branch
too, but I'll wait if Eric has something to say about that or until it
becomes time to decide what to backport for 4.0.4.

Also, in your original message you said

> Its use is pretty simple: allegro.m4 needs to be in the
> /usr/share/aclocal or /usr/local/share/aclocal directory and then in
> configure.in the user calls
> AM_PATH_ALLEGRO( MAJOR.MINOR.MICRO )
>
> where major.minor.micro are 4.1.0 or 4.0.3, you get the picture.
>
> The macro will set allegro_LIBS and allegro_CFLAGS which can then be
> used in Makefile.am or Makefile.in, but im not sure about Makefile, as
> ${allegro_LIBS}. e.g:
> LIBS=-lm -lsomelibrary ${allegro_LIBS}

Do you think something like that could fit into the documentation somewhere
(say, doc/build/unix.txt)?

Evert