Re: [AD] m4 macro for allegro

Just one question:

#if 0
/* The last released version of liballegro-1.x has an incorrect micro version in
* the header file so neither the includes nor the library will match the
* micro_version to the output of allegro-config
*/
     (allegro_micro_version != $ALLEGRO_CONFIG_micro_version)
#endif I take it this does nothing and can savely be ignored? (Even more so because there is no liballegro-1.x...)
Looks like that stuff can go away. There is something else in the m4 macro that also doesnt work:

AC_TRY_LINK([
#include <allegro.h>
#include <stdio.h>
],      [ ALLEGRO_TEST_VERSION; return 0;],
[ echo "*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means" echo "*** that the run-time linker is not finding Allegro or finding the wrong" echo "*** version of Allegro. If it is not finding Allegro, you'll need to set your" echo "*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point" echo "*** to the installed location Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that"
         echo "*** is required on your system"
         echo "***"
echo "*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although" echo "*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ], [ echo "*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the" echo "*** exact error that occured. This usually means Allegro was incorrectly installed" echo "*** or that you have moved Allegro since it was installed. In the latter case, you" echo "*** may want to edit the allegro-config script: $ALLEGRO_CONFIG" ])

I never call ALLEGRO_TEST_VERSION becuase I have commented it out and put a TODO thing there. I dont think its important for now, but if someone can get it to work then so be it.

The patch looks ok to me.