Re: [AD] m4 macro for allegro

Jon Rafkind wrote:

Allegro mostly uses X11 libraries which dont have m4 macros, iirc, and normal system libraries that every unix installation should have anyway. It could take advantage of the esd.m4, alsa.m4, and maybe other m4 macros that are used to build the modules. Currently someone hardcoded aclocal.m4 to test for all the modules, but most of these libraries( well I can only account for esd and alsa ) have their own m4 macros in /usr/share/aclocal. I cant say its "better" to use these macros, but thats what they are there for.

The advantage of not using the macros is that the person building the Allegro distribution doesn't need to have all the relevant .m4 files on their system.

Peter