Re: [AD] Why I was talking about dropping ABI in WIP versions

> "Once Allegro 4.2 is released, we plan to maintain backward
> compatibility...  the dynamically linked library"

Please quote the entire sentence, which is: " Once Allegro 4.2 is released,
we plan to maintain backward compatibility at the Application Binary
Interface level for the subsequent releases of the 4.2.x series."

> Well, in 4.1.x there were many changes that were made... and the
> problem was that because the documentation meant that the newer
> versions of the library could be compatible on the older DLLs for
> example. Consider the functions which got deprecated. Did they get
> exported too?

I fail to see where is the contradiction.

--
Eric Botcazou