[AD] Why I was talking about dropping ABI in WIP versions

"Once Allegro 4.2 is released, we plan to maintain backward
compatibility...  the dynamically linked library"

Well, in 4.1.x there were many changes that were made... and the
problem was that because the documentation meant that the newer
versions of the library could be compatible on the older DLLs for
example. Consider the functions which got deprecated. Did they get
exported too?

like.. if, say, 4.1.14 had a standard function which uses a new
function like textout_ex ....  will that work with a 4.1.11 DLL ?
No!!! But it may be compatible only with a 4.1.15+ version. :] Well..
this certainly puts a damper on revamping existing functions of the
system. So a current-version-or higher compatibility often becomes
difficult to maintain.

So it may be a good idea to turn off this section in the 4.3.x series
(or any WIP rather) and keep ABI section for stable releases alone. :)

That's what I meant. Regards :)

--
V Karthik Kumar