Re: [AD] X11 unresponsiveness

> Yeah, of course, I understand now. So the signals version inherently has
> that problem.

That's what I was afraid of...

> I think, 2 would be the cleanest method. 3 is quite similiar. 1 has the
> problem that all drawing operations would get slower. I'm strongly
> against 4. Any maybe someone here comes up with an even better idea than
> my 3.

I agree that 2 would be the best method. To be clear on this, for the
multi-threaded version of the library, we can get away with simply
removing the offending line, right?
In that case, we could fix the multi-threaded version first and retain the
current behavior for the sigalrm version until the improved method can be
implemented...?

Evert