Re: [AD] X11 unresponsiveness

Elias Pschernig wrote:
 void _xwin_handle_input(void)
 {
-   if (_xwin.lock_count) return;
-
    XLOCK();
if (_xwin_input_handler)

As I made the comment in #allegro, I don't think it's a good idea to just flat out remove this. The signals version of Allegro will block all other running code (in the program's process), so what would happen is XLOCK would eventually halt the process as something else has the lock, but since no other code is running, the lock would never be released. The signals would keep piling on top of each other as X never gets unlocked until you get a nice crash.

I think a better solution would be to restore that line, but encase it in #ifndef ALLEGRO_MULTITHREADED/#endif gaurds. This would mean the pthread-based version would get rid of the input problem, although the signal-version would still have it, until something better can be found.

- Kitty Cat