Re: [AD] minor fix

Peter Wang wrote:

The code in question is not so much to slow down the rate at which the callbacks are called, but to _catch up_ when necessary. At the end of each iteration the background thread blocks using select(), but it may not get the CPU back for some arbitrary amount of time. The errors in timing can accumulate, so we have to account for it.

In light of my reply to Elias, the last sentence is not quite right. We're not accounting for accumulation of errors over many iterations, just for an unusually long delay in a single iteration.

(OTOH, accounting for accumulating errors does happen for timers.)