Re: [AD] m4 macro for allegro

Peter Wang wrote:

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

On Saturday 17 July 2004 10:20, Peter Wang wrote:
The advantage of not using the macros is that the person building the Allegro distribution doesn't need to have all the relevant .m4 files on their system.

They should be installed along with alsa and such, shouldn't they?

Yes, but I might not have the "and such" installed on my system. For the small number of backends we support, it's probably not a problem.

Peter

I dont know what you mean by "and such", extra libraries maybe? The user installing Allegro doesnt need the m4 macros to build it. They are only needed to build configure. If the user only has configure.in, then they would need the macros installed to run autoconf.