Re: [AD] Remove -pipe

Elias Pschernig wrote:

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 23:40, Ben Davis wrote:
As I said, use trackers. The patches won't be forgotten, and if they're appropriate, they will be added to CVS for testing.
As for the SF trackers - maybe we really should start using them more.
Personally, I always liked the mailing list more, since there's not that
much development going on with Allegro anyway - so right now, it might
be more additional hassle for the few developers than it brings good.
Eric sort of is our tracker :)

Tracker bites.  For small projects like Allegro, email is far better.  Using trackers exclusively will only reduce the number of people participating.

Actually, even if it's not exclusive it's not so good -- people from "outside" may file a bug/patch with the tracker, only to get no reply at all.  This has happened before.  Since I never checked the tracker -- too much trouble -- I only found out about some bugs/patches once Eric told me of them.  By then, the original poster may have lost interest or forgot or thought the project was dead, and then *they* don't reply.

Peter