Re: [AD] Remove -pipe

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:07:27AM +0200, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > The close box function was merely an example. The underlying problem evidently
> > persists. Eric assumed he was able to properly consider the ramifications of
> > a patch without anyone else's input.
> >

> I think there was lots of input - but only after it appeared in the WIP.
> (And probably not when it was/would have posted here, in any case.)

I think it was posted here. Certainly I knew about the removal of the function
prior to the WIP release. It didn't get much discussion though. Back then,
AD did about 10-20 messages per day as I recall, so it may have been overlooked.

Regarding the -pipe flag... why does it complicate the configure machinery so
much? It's just one more check, right?
Time permitting, I will see if I can notice any appreciable difference with and
without on my home machine which has enough memory for it to make a difference.
My workstation is probably too memory starved for it to make much of a
difference anyway.

Evert