Re: [AD] Remove -pipe

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 22:50, Ben Davis wrote:
> Might I suggest a policy that all patches should be discussed BEFORE they are
> applied in the future? We've had problems before (e.g. removal of legacy
> windows hook functions).

What would be the policy? Some patches are here for days without
comments.. (And stop already about that closebox function, it was
admitted to have been as mistake already long ago :P) Probably there was
also some time between applying it to CVS and the release it was
contained in. And it's fixed now - so there was one WIP with that
function removed - where is the problem with that? We have CVS -> WIP ->
stable. So adding something to CVS shouldn't be a problem at all, as
long as it is posted here - it makes it easy to test, and then discuss,
and fix/revert before the next WIP.
Just look how many outstanding patches (e.g. KCat's) were posted and
scrolling out of my mail reader's window.. if in CVS, they would have
been tested more already.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>