Re: [AD] Sound API

On 2004-05-15, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't get it myself. When someone posts a sane want (or in this case a NEED)
> list, people say "Post a patch! we'll be glad to apply it!", and now here we
> have someone who has done just that, and now its "Maybe later!".

I think this happens because of a lack of admins. Not admins in the SF
meaning, but people who want to take care of parts of Allegro. I
personally don't even use Allegro since a few years, so I've stuck to
makedoc and generating documentation which (gasp!) interests me now more
than writting Allegro games.

Other than that I feel Eric is quite overloaded with requests, and for
some he might not have the time or interests, so they are pending on the
mailbox (like the 4 mouse button patch). Kitty cat seems able and willing
to deal with sound mixers. I guess it's a matter of time then until
Kitty Kat is assigned "responsable" of the mixer and gets quick patch
approval or "controlled" CVS write access.

So basically Eric is alone with regards to patches. I think the biggest
question faced then is "well, if I accept the patch, will I be able to
deal with the good/bad consequences?". And then, some people are very
argumentative on the list about what to do, but when it comes to code,
quite silent.