Re: [AD] Sound API

On May 15, 2004 12:12 pm, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> On 2004-05-15, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I don't get it myself. When someone posts a sane want (or in this case a
> > NEED) list, people say "Post a patch! we'll be glad to apply it!", and
> > now here we have someone who has done just that, and now its "Maybe
> > later!".
>
> I think this happens because of a lack of admins. Not admins in the SF
> meaning, but people who want to take care of parts of Allegro. I
> personally don't even use Allegro since a few years, so I've stuck to
> makedoc and generating documentation which (gasp!) interests me now more
> than writting Allegro games.
>
> Other than that I feel Eric is quite overloaded with requests, and for
> some he might not have the time or interests, so they are pending on the
> mailbox (like the 4 mouse button patch). Kitty cat seems able and willing
> to deal with sound mixers. I guess it's a matter of time then until
> Kitty Kat is assigned "responsable" of the mixer and gets quick patch
> approval or "controlled" CVS write access.

I'd say he is more than capable of dealing with the mixer issues. I've tested
the mixer code under gentoo with 2.4.24/25, and 2.6.5, with a few different
versions of ALSA, and none of that has anything to do with the mixer, and
unsupprisingly it works fine in all :) These changes are nessesary, and the
sooner they get in, the better. Just think, that annoying "bug" with the
volume in the current mixer is fixed, and it will now be EASY to add HW
features to the drivers. So even if the DX mixer driver is removed that won't
preclude loosing hw streem support on windows, heck it means we get proper
support, instead of a nasty hack, and more bugs.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx