Re: [AD] Possible mouse user-end improvement

On 2004-05-15, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > We can use bits 30 and 31, unless there are mouse devices with 30
> > buttons.
>
> Well, some joysticks are almost there already, so... :-)  Is this "use" (some
> would say "misuse") of the mouse wheel common?

No idea. But when I wrote a small program which dealt with that it
struck me as something which didn't have much sense to not have in the
library. I don't find any good use for absolute wheel values when the
wheel itself doesn't have absolute movement. From a design point of view
I would even "remove" mouse_z. I've never liked that clunky wheel
anyway. Maybe it's because I use trackballs instead of "real" mouses.
Other than personal preference I have no rational arguments about it.

> In the meantime, the screen.diff patch is ok (if you have not already
> commited it).

Done.