Re: [AD] [BUG?] X11 Windowed driver delay...

On February 11, 2004 03:19 pm, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 18:22, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > Hmm. Now I'm not so sure what's happening. After setting digi_card in the
> > allegro.cfg file to "OSSD" instead of "AUTO" (is AUTO even valid?) the
> > problem went away. I installed the sound with DIGI_AUTODETECT in my
> > program, and install_sound not once failed... Note that nothing crashed
> > when XMMS was stopped... Now with digi_card set to OSSD, sound in my app
> > plays simultaneously with XMMS. To say the least, I'm a bit confused.
> >
> > I belive I got crashes from screen being NULL, the system driver being
> > NULL, etc...
>
> But it seems to be sound related? I.e. - does the same happen if you
> don't call install_sound at all? (My guess in that case would be it's
> related to the ALSA driver..)

Its really really odd. I just checked it out.. and allegro's alsa driver gets
nothing but "xrun"s if something is already using the device.. XMMS however
has no real problems playing after I've started a sound using allegro app...

Something makes me think the current ALSA driver for allegro is horribly
horribly broken :(

If someone gets around to writing a new one before I do, It won't hurt my
feelings. (hint, one with shm would be nice ;))

Its probably for the best if the current alsa9 driver gets yanked at some
point, or at least disabled, till a new one can be written (or this one get
fixed, but its not really worth it IMO).

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx