Re: [AD] [BUG?] X11 Windowed driver delay...

On February 11, 2004 09:58 am, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> I've now seen this a couple times, the X11 "XWFS" driver takes some time
> for it to actaully create the "screen" bitmap, but before that,
> set_gfx_mode returns success, and I happily go around and try and draw to
> screen.. At which point, a program crashes, or Allegro Asserts (depending
> on which lib I'm linked to of course)
>
> I saw this same oddity when I was playing around with my rgb->yv12 program,
> which took what I draw in allegro, and PutImage'd it to a yv12 XV port.
>
> My little x prog has the following:
>
> do {
> 	XNextEvent(display, &xev);
> } while (xev.type != MapNotify || xev.xmap.event != window);
>
> To wait for the window's MAP event after calling XMapWindow.
> I didn't see anything like that in allegro, maybe I just missed it?
>
> But still, I think this is a fairly significant problem. Any X guru's
> around that can figure this one out?

Hmm. Now I'm not so sure what's happening. After setting digi_card in the
allegro.cfg file to "OSSD" instead of "AUTO" (is AUTO even valid?) the
problem went away. I installed the sound with DIGI_AUTODETECT in my program,
and install_sound not once failed... Note that nothing crashed when XMMS was
stopped... Now with digi_card set to OSSD, sound in my app plays
simultaneously with XMMS. To say the least, I'm a bit confused.

I belive I got crashes from screen being NULL, the system driver being NULL,
etc...

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx