[AD] [BUG?] X11 Windowed driver delay...

I've now seen this a couple times, the X11 "XWFS" driver takes some time for
it to actaully create the "screen" bitmap, but before that, set_gfx_mode
returns success, and I happily go around and try and draw to screen.. At
which point, a program crashes, or Allegro Asserts (depending on which lib
I'm linked to of course)

I saw this same oddity when I was playing around with my rgb->yv12 program,
which took what I draw in allegro, and PutImage'd it to a yv12 XV port.

My little x prog has the following:

do {
	XNextEvent(display, &xev);
} while (xev.type != MapNotify || xev.xmap.event != window);

To wait for the window's MAP event after calling XMapWindow.
I didn't see anything like that in allegro, maybe I just missed it?

But still, I think this is a fairly significant problem. Any X guru's around
that can figure this one out?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx