Re: [AD] [BUG?] X11 Windowed driver delay...

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 22:26, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:

> I really don't get whats wrong with that driver.. Especially with the patch I
> gave to you applied... Its very similar to some alsa code I used in a little
> library I wrote for playing audio.. though the whole thing runs in a thread,
> so maybe thats why it maybe at max uses 3% cpu? (more if the DUMB plugin is
> in use ;) possibly LOTS more ;)) hmm.. seems I also skip setting a few of the
> hw parameters.. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Yes, I know, it looks very similiar to the ALSA examples, so it's
probably just some small mistake somewhere. Or maybe it's only the
relation of Allegro's background thread with the sound streaming calls
which causes the problem. Might be interesting to try the non-pthreads
version of Allegro with it.. and I should try again with your patch
before I do anything else, maybe I forgot to recompile after applying it
or something like that :)

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>