Re: [AD] [AL] licensing and disclaimers

On 2003-10-15, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2003-10-15, Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > No, Allegro is not in the public domain, since the authors claim
> > copyright over the work.
>
> Really? I always understood that the references like "xxxx wrote
> yyyy" were kind of ChangeLog, and didn't have any legal effect.

Copyright is implicit in most places (AFAIK).  If you don't want the
copyright to your work, you have to explicitly say so.

> Maybe we should attribute copyright to the FSF or explicitly reject
> any copyright?

I don't know if either option is feasible, given the paperwork required.
Besides, I don't want to give up my copyright (even though it's
meaningless in practical terms).

--
王浩禎