[AD] [AL] licensing and disclaimers

The licensing issue brought up by Mr. Amstutz brings up an important legal
point: Allegro does not include a damages disclaimer.  Yes, I agree that
such disclaimers are silly and pointless, but we should probably have one in
case anyone decides to build an air-traffic control system using Allegro.

I suggest we add a license.txt file to Allegro that reads:

===================================
==== ALLEGRO GIFTWARE LICENSE =====
===================================

THE INTENT OF THE LICENSE:

Allegro is gift-ware. It was created by a number of people working in
cooperation, and is given to you freely as a gift. You may use, modify,
redistribute, and generally hack it about in any way you like, and you do
not have to give us anything in return.

However, if you like this product you are encouraged to thank us by making a
return gift to the Allegro community. This could be by writing an add-on
package, providing a useful bug report, making an improvement to the
library, or perhaps just releasing the sources of your program so that other
people can learn from them. If you redistribute parts of this code or make a
game using it, it would be nice if you mentioned Allegro somewhere in the
credits, but you are not required to do this. We trust you not to abuse our
generosity.

By Shawn Hargreaves, 18 October 1998.

THE TEXT OF THE LICENSE:

modification, are permitted without conditions.  Use of the name "Allegro"
in source, binaries, documentation, advertising or any other form is
permitted but not required.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE ALLEGRO DEVELOPERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ALLEGRO DEVELOPERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE
LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.