Re: [AD] new ports for PSX, GBA and GP32

> I've started porting to PSX, GBA and GP32 by hacking at 4.0.0

Great! Note that our policy is not to add new ports to the stable branch,
only to the trunk. But the internals of the 4.1.x series are almost similar
to those of the 4.0.x series so I don't expect any difficulties coming from
the shift.

> I've got to the stage where I need CVS, so other ppl can help, and because
> I need to adjust some more of the shared files because the std libs with
> the compilers are full of holes.

Agreed. I'll register you as a developer for the project, if the other
maintainers don't disagree.

> I have near zero experience with CVS, so I'm not asking for write access
> to either of the main branches, but it would be great if someone could set
> up a branch so a few of us can hack at these new ports and add a few more,
> like xbox, native ps2 and gc.

I don't think we can restrict access to one CVS branch in particular, so
you'll have full access. But commiting to the wrong branch with CVS is very
unlikely.

> A branch off the latest 4.1.x will do nicely, as I can easily adjust to
> the inclusion of the MacOSX port. So far, the only shared files reworked
> are fix.bat and alconfig.h

Ok, do you have any preference for the name of the branch? Something like
'allegro_console_branch'?

--
Eric Botcazou