Re: [AD] allegro on Solaris

> When the Allegro program moves to the foreground, it takes over the
> desktop palette, hence all background applications take on some eery
> colour, which in most Allegro programs I've tried comes to black or dark
> blue mostly. I never mentioned the problem because the same effect occurs
> when loading other X applications that install their own colourmap. For
> instance, I get the same effect with Acrobat reader, Maple and
> Mathematica. I can get the same effect with Mozilla by telling it to use
> its own colourmap rather than the system one.

Ok, this is the classical problem when changing the 8-bit hardware pallette
(and I misread Jon's first post, I thought the Allegro window itself was
dark). It would indeed be nice to be able to use the default pallette.

> I don't think it's a problem with SPARC/Solaris. In fact, I'd much expect
> a similar effect on Linux X11 in 8 bit mode.

Probably. Note that the Windows port does use the default palette.

--
Eric Botcazou