Re: [AD] allegro on Solaris

> I made an allegro app on a Solaris machine on the Sun architecture. The
> machine has openwindows for an X implementation. The app was a windowed
> program, and when i had the mouse inside the program the rest of the
> screen would turn very dark, nearly black. The desktop was 8-bit depth,
> but it didnt matter if i set the allegro program to 8 or 16, the same
> problem occured. Someone on #allegro told me this might have been fixed on
> cvs, but I could not try at the time.

Allegro 4.0.3 is known to work on some SPARC/Solaris machines with 24-bit
desktop depth. I don't think it has been tested with 8-bit. The current CVS
version doesn't have any additional fixes for these machines.

Do you mean that the screen is very dark but not entirely black? So you can
see something on the screen?

> Is this a known issue? I have no idea how to fix it,. but you could give me
> hints and I can try them later.

The first thing to try is the various programs that are bundled with Allegro.
Do they exhibit the same behaviour? If so, Allegro probably makes some
assumptions in its code that break on SPARC/Solaris. I'm willing to correct
them as soon as possible.

--
Eric Botcazou