[AD] allegro on Solaris

I made an allegro app on a Solaris machine on the Sun architecture. The machine has openwindows for an X implementation. The app was a windowed program, and when i had the mouse inside the program the rest of the screen would turn very dark, nearly black. The desktop was 8-bit depth, but it didnt matter if i set the allegro program to 8 or 16, the same problem occured. Someone on #allegro told me this might have been fixed on cvs, but I could not try at the time. Is this a known issue? I have no idea how to fix it,. but you could give me hints and I can try them later.

later--,
jon