Re: [AD] Relative paths in the grabber

On 2003-05-15, Evert <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sure, but people who lack a mathematical (or related) background probably
> don't know what canonical means without explanation.

I thought it was a computer science word (I didn't even know it had
mathematical or religious meanings).  From FOLDOC:

   2. <jargon> The usual or standard state or manner of
   something. The term acquired this meaning in computer-science
   culture largely through its prominence in Alonzo Church's
   work in computation theory and mathematical logic (see
   Knights of the Lambda-Calculus). [snip]

So from maths to CS via Lisp.

"Canonicalize" gets my vote.

--