Re: [AD] Relative paths in the grabber

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 07:58:04PM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> Ah! But is it always possible to control whether you pass relative or
> absolute paths, in a makefile for example?

Possibly not. I'll have a go at the dat utility, possibly today or tomorrow.

> On second thought, "calculate" is not pretty so other propositions are
> welcome. But I don't like "find" very much.

Hein Zelle's suggestion looks reasonable to me (get, make, or no prefix at all).

> > Ok. I'm not sure about canonicalize. Is it a common word? I never
> > encounter it outside technical texts... other than that, it looks ok to
> > me.
>
> Maybe my mathematical background that is resurfacing :-) But I like this term
> because it is straightforward to define the canonical form of a filename.

Sure, but people who lack a mathematical (or related) background probably
don't know what canonical means without explanation. However, I don't see
and easy alternative. We could make the change and see if people start
complaining ;)

Evert