Re: [AD] Relative paths in the grabber

> Surprisingly enough, you don't actually need explicidly handle relative
> paths in the dat utility: if you specify paths as relative on the
> commandline, the orig field already ends up with a relative path.

Ah! But is it always possible to control whether you pass relative or
absolute paths, in a makefile for example?

> I think these would fit with the other file functions, though I'd prefer
> get or find instead of calculate, but that is really a personal
> preference.

On second thought, "calculate" is not pretty so other propositions are
welcome. But I don't like "find" very much.

> Personally, I do feel the code is out of place in the grabber: it very much
> feels like it should have been in the API but wasn't, so the grabber code
> emulates it.

Seconded.

> Ok. I'm not sure about canonicalize. Is it a common word? I never
> encounter it outside technical texts... other than that, it looks ok to
> me.

Maybe my mathematical background that is resurfacing :-) But I like this term
because it is straightforward to define the canonical form of a filename.

--
Eric Botcazou