Re: [AD] MacOS X Allegro

> About the mouse buttons issue: it is not immediate but I can detect the
> number of mouse buttons of the attached mouse. Then I could allow the
> combination APPLE+button to emulate the right click, and COMMAND+button
for
> the middle click. This is also how SDL deals with it, even though SDL
> doesn't really detect the number of buttons, as it relies on an env
> variable.

I need to ask: will this require the installation of the Allegro keyboard
handler to work? If it does, I think it's evil because it introduces a
dependency between two parts of Allegro that do not otherwise depend on
each other.

> > Or add in some emulation feature, in the spirit of "emulate_three"
> > (disabled by default).  Some modifier key + the mouse button pressed
> > simultaneously would trigger the emulation.  Mac people ought to be
used
> > to that..
>
> Humm, I'd prefer not to add another config variable if possible. Better
> detect if >1 buttons are available, otherwise activate emulation
> automatically.

I don't think you should force emulation. However, I see no reason why
emulate_three itself could not serve this purpose on OSX... no need for a
new config variable.

Has anyone ever tried Allegro with one-button mouse on a PC? I'm guessing
no because I've never seen one, but that should be no different from a
Mac...

Evert