Re: [AD] MacOS X Allegro

I'm preparing to commit.

So far the port uses a static makefile, derived from the QNX one, because I
don't know automake & family... Maybe you can help there? AFAIK the current
configure script already detects Darwin, but tries to build the lib under
X11 (under Darwin).

>> `id' is the generic type for objects in Objective-C.  I don't know why
>> it should affect C code, but maybe it does.
>
> What is a bit surprising is that it does affect C code in "smart" processing
> mode but not in normal mode.

Yep, really weird. Frankly speaking, I was hoping there was just a hidden
option to disable this "smart processing" feature, because it was a bit
annoying, and otherwise the lib did compile without problems...
Unfortunately I didn't find it in the gcc help :/

> Oh, and it *is* possible to run an OSX desktop under 8 bit color.  It's
> an option that's normally turned off -- uncheck "show modes
> recommended" in the displays system pane.  I can't think of why anyone
> would do so, however.  ^_^;;

Heh, I never noticed it; I thought that option just showed unrecommended
resolutions, not color depths as well :P

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx