RE: [AD] Re: Datafile security

Title: RE: [AD] Re: Datafile security

> > Then you can statically link.
>
> Yes, but I think the original poster isn't referring to
> this.. maybe I'm
> wrong.

Ah... maybe, I have not read that. But if the attacker can execute
any code (by using another shared lib), then the attacker can do
anything. But even static linking allows the attacker to execute
any code, it's just not at anyone's reach anymore.
You should be able to intercept syscalls though, which amounts to
the same thing. After all, that's what strace does. So it's not
very hard to defeat static linking either...

--
Vincent Penquerc'h