Re: [AD] Re: Datafile security

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 13:02, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > I guess so. But what if I change my local Allegro dll so it just dumps
> > all the read data into a new, unencrypted datafile? In this case I don't
> > even need the password..
>
> Could you elaborate a bit?

I was referring to the the allegro.cc thread again, where someone used a
modified allegro dll to just print out the datafile password. This could
be extended to output the complete unencrypted datafile, in case the
encryption algorithm could be changed so the plaintext password is never
manipulated in the code.. so there's not much gained by that. I.e.
instead of adding "printf (password)" somewhere in pack_fopen, i'd go
into "datafile_read_bitmap" (or how it is called) and add a
"save_bitmap" there :)

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 13:01, Vincent Penquerc'h wrote:
> Then you can statically link.

Yes, but I think the original poster isn't referring to this.. maybe I'm
wrong.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>