Re: [AD] keyboard recalcitrant under X

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 10:29, Julien Cugniere wrote:
> [...]
> > But when I think about it, chances are the AZERTY mapping you created in
> > xkeyconf also works for other users with AZERTY keyboards.
>
> I've been wondering about that. I can't believe noone else complained before.
> But if it worked, it would be really nice :)

I complained about half a year ago, and so xkeymap was added :) But
you're right, surpisingly few people seem to have keyboard problems in
X.

> I hadn't though about it that way, but this would be simpler. Basically, we
> could just add the output of xkeymap to the corresponding
> allegro/resource/keyboard/*.cfg, and have the keyboard routines read it from
> here instead of allegro.cfg. This would only require minor changes to the
> code!

Ah, yes, even better than adding different tables to xwin.c. On
platforms other than X, the additional [xkeymap] section in
<language>.cfg would just be ignored. Now we'd just have to try if it
really works, add an [xkeymap] section to the <languages>.cfg files, and
add code in xwin.c to read it.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>