Re: [AD] keyboard recalcitrant under X

Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Ah, yes, even better than adding different tables to xwin.c. On
> platforms other than X, the additional [xkeymap] section in
> <language>.cfg would just be ignored. Now we'd just have to try if it
> really works, add an [xkeymap] section to the <languages>.cfg files, and
> add code in xwin.c to read it.

Well, to see if it works, we will need people to test it :-) But it could be
settled quickly: is there anyone here with an azerty keyboard that did *not*
need xkeymap to get it to work ? If so, then our solution is probably
wrong...

But if it's worthwhile, I think I can code it. It shouldn't be too hard, given
that most of the functionality is already there! By the way, as I understand
it, keyboard.dat is compilation of all the keyboard/*.cfg files, isn't it ?
Maybe we could add a rule in the makefile to (re)generate it automatically ?

Julien Cugniere