Re: [AD] open watcom / 4.0.3rc1

> Windows 2000, MinGW32, OpenWatcom 1.0
>
> I had to change the following in the makefile.wat:
>
> RUNNER = obj\watcom\runner.exe
>
> (I changed the / to \) Windows was complaining that it couldn't find
> "obj". It was treating it as obj /watcom <-- a paramater.

Hmm... the problem is that makefile.vc uses the same syntax (slash). Which
version of Mingw32's make do you use?

> Is this because I'm under 2000 or using MinGW32? I didn't try under
> Win98 or DJGPP, but I'd imagine they would cause the same error?

I have no problem with Open Watcom + DJGPP + Win98.

> Secondly, make uninstall doesn't work under 2000 either:
>
> -rd /S /Q $(WATDIR_D)\h\allegro\platform
> -rd /S /Q $(WATDIR_D)\h\allegro\inline
> -rd /S /Q $(WATDIR_D)\h\allegro\internal
> -rd /S /Q $(WATDIR_D)\h\allegro

The slash again I presume?

> Is Watcom + Allegro DOS only? (I know nothing about the compiler.)

Yes, the Watcom port is a DOS port. Open Watcom can target Win32 though, so
we could probably add a Win32 Watcom port pretty easily (much more than with
Borland because the object file format is that of MSVC/MinGW32) provided
that a sufficiently recent DirectX SDK exists for the compiler.

> Also, are OpenWatcom binaries (alleg.lib) compatible with older versions
> of watcom?

I don't think so because they have bumped the major version number
(__WATCOMC__ == 12 for Open Watcom 1.0). But this might be totally
unrelated.

--
Eric Botcazou