Re: [AD] Component ordering and mixing color depths

> Do you mean that we should also allow for color conversion in all
> Allegro function from 32-bpp to any other arbitrary bpp bitmap?

No, I simply mean that we should be able to draw_sprite() a 32-bit RGBA sprite
onto a 32-bit bitmap the same way we draw_sprite() a 32-bit RGB sprite on a
32-bit bitmap. The set of operations we support for 32-bit RGBA sprites
should be a superset of that of 32-bit RGB sprites.

> Absolutely. However, it doesn't help in the case of 16-bpp screen modes,
> where all video/system bitmaps are also 16-bpp, but 32-bpp RGBA sprites
> are, well, 32-bpp.

What if the hardware supports 32-bit RGBA pixmaps independently of the actual
depth of the frame buffer (32-bit overlays are supported in 15-bit mode on my
ATI card, they had even worked with Allegro before I disabled the feature) ?

--
Eric Botcazou