Re: [AD] Component ordering and mixing color depths

> I don't see this as being useful at all; one could simple blit into a
> 16-bpp bitmap to color convert, then draw_sprite that image into the
> destination. Or are you refering to something else?

No, simply that one might expect a 32-bit RGBA sprite to be an enhanced 32-bit
RGB sprite, so that every drawing operation which works for the latter works
for the former as well, in particular the plain draw_sprite.

> What do you mean by "regular" 32-bit format? Do you mean hw accelerated
> 32->16 blitting?

I mean that, if a 32-bit RGBA format was supported by the hardware, its layout
would highly likely match that of the 32-bit RGB format. Therefore we would
have to use the 32-bit RGB order of the card for our 32-bit RGBA format in
order to benefit from hardware-acceleration.

--
Eric Botcazou