Re: [AD] bug report: allegro-4.1.6: static libraries linked into shared library

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 09:29:21AM +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > For testing, I tried compiling liquidwar-5.5.8 with it, but it
> > fails when combining the datfiles into liquidwar.dat without
> > an error message, but with error code 1 (and without creating
> > liquidwar.dat). Is this a NetBSD problem, does it work for someone
> > else?
>
> The grabber/dat/plugin code was modified around the 4.1.4 WIP to fix a nasty
> problem with pthreads, which prevented datafiles from being written in some
> cases. Yours might be related or simply caused by bugs having been introduced
> then.
>
> How exactly can I reproduce it ? Is liquidwar-5.5.8 available from anywhere on
> the Web ?

I should have mentioned this:
	http://www.ufoot.org/liquidwar/
During build it tries to create a datfile for itself by adding
together datfiles it produced earlier, and this step fails for me.

> > I'm a bit unhappy about how hard it is to get CFLAGS accepted by
> > the allegro build process...
>
> Yes, the Unix configure/build system is a little intricate (which btw makes it
> a bit tricky to introduce the tweak needed for NetBSD).

Which tweak are you talking about?

Oh, another thing:
In makefile.in, you have a test to check if liballeg's dir is
mentioned in /etc/ld.so.conf -- this is unnecessary on at least
NetBSD, if you use -rpath when linking (which is usually done);
I think the same applies for Solaris, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for applying the patches,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@xxxxxxxxxx
What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find