[AD] bug report: allegro-4.1.6: static libraries linked into shared library

Hi!

I'm currently making an allegro package for NetBSD; it's going
pretty well (much better than the last time I tried this -- thanks
for the work on improving portability).

Modulo testing, it's complete now, but I want to report a
misbehaviour I found.

When building against XF-4.2.0, the dga and vm extension libraries
are found (rightly so); on NetBSD, we only build static libraries for them,
though, and these are then linked into the shared library, which does
not work on at least macppc (but I guess other platforms/opsys too).

For the package, I added the --disable-xwin-{vidmode,dga,dga2}
configure arguments, and this works; it would of course be better
if allegro didn't try to do this in the first place.
I can't offer a good suggestion for how to do this, sorry.

Thanks,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@xxxxxxxxxx
What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find