Re: [AD] GFX_SAFE mode patch

> Yes. My point of view is that GFX_SAFE for fbcon should set the
> current resolution/depth if and only if the user is not providing it's
> configuration. After all, configuration files are for overriding default
> behaviour.

Can't we assume that, if the user has set its fbcon to a given
resolution/depth, this combination will very likely fit his needs for the
GFX_SAFE mode ? GFX_SAFE is not GFX_AUTODETECT after all.

> Good. I will add this to my todo list and investigate it whenever the
> voices in my head agree on what to do next.

Fine. Then we won't need this _safe_gfx_mode_change any longer.

> Oh, then we could have a get_safe_gfx_safe_mode ;) for internal use
> which doesn't activate the driver if possible, and leave fetch_mode_list
> dangerous code for the brave user to handle.

But the system driver would still have to decide which safe gfx mode it is
going to set among those returned by every driver. How does it do that ?

--
Eric Botcazou