Re: [AD] plugins.h on MinGW32 2

> I don't know: should we really add this "preventive" fix to all the other
> makefiles ? Either way, the complete patch is attached.

Well, ASCII 26 means end of (text) file to DOS, so that's probably why the
code 26 is placed in there. It seems the latest MinGW32 (or gcc, whatever)
ignores that code and continues to read past it.

You can see when copying two files (filea.txt and fileb.txt) together, the
ascii.txt file will always get the extra character.

09/13/2002  01:29 AM                 3 ascii.txt      (copy /a)
09/13/2002  01:29 AM                 2 bin.txt        (copy /b)
09/13/2002  01:28 AM                 1 filea.txt
09/13/2002  01:28 AM                 1 fileb.txt
               4 File(s)              7 bytes

~

My vote would be the /B switch on any multiple copy line, as who knows when
future versions of compilers / os will stop recognizing 26 as an end of text
file marker. Obviously, even notepad itself (at least in WinXP) doesn't know
what to do with extra character and displays it - instead of stopping.

The only thing to make sure is that every plugin.h file should end with a
proper CR/LF combination (as they do now), that way the final plugins.h ends
with one as well.

--
Matthew Leverton - matthew@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.allegro.cc