Re: [AD] devhelp docs

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 09:15:22PM +0200, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > You got me impressed until I found out those XML files are only
> > indices. Boohoo...
>
> Heh, yes, it's not the most advanced format - but Anjuta can use it.

My focus was about the speed: parsing a few books each a few megabytes
in xml every time you opened devhelp, that would have been impressive
(or your machine :)

> Ok, thanks, I will look at it. The SDL book seems to be using mixed case
> all the time, so it should work - else I'll send them a bug report.

Don't worry to much about it, I'm sure it's fault of the viewer version,
especially since I installed the pango book, and due to the 'base'
attribute, every time I click on the tree devhelp tries to fetch the
online version and gives a blank page when it can't. I don't understand
how such a buggy version could have made it to a stable debian package,
when no book works out of the box unless you delete manually the base
attribute.

> Good idea, I'll try to find out to who to submit it.

And maybe find out the rules to package the books in .tar.gz form, so
the Allegro makefile could produce that, similar to the gzipped info file.