Re: [AD] devhelp docs

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 11:42:17PM +0200, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> It gives me help from inside Anjuta, it's the editor I kept for now
> after trying some others. It works not that slow for me, I can click on
> a function and press ctrl-h to get help for it, or press F1 to open the
> documentations list. (Of course, it scans through all the XML files,
> so it's not very fast, but I just tried, and it found the description
> of set_gfx_mode in about a second, including starting up devhelp from
> within anjuta.)

You got me impressed until I found out those XML files are only
indices. Boohoo...

> Now I just have to figure out how I can also enable the parameter names
> to be displayed for Allegro functions, like it does for libc functions :)

You will also have to find why devhelp doesn't locate items which use
case.  Maybe it's my version (0.3) but I can't be redirected to BITMAP
or AUDIOSTREAM, only to fixed or al_ffblk. The xml and html files are ok,
so I guess it's problem of the viewer.

Anyway, now the patch is yours. Please test it and verify under
dos/windows. commit if you are satisfied, I only reorganized a bit
the code.

> > [...] what's the meaning of that http://alleg.sf.net/devhelp/ [...]

Changed it to something more reasonable, since we could add that book
in the future to the download page. And now maybe the people of devhelp
will host the allegro book?