Re: [AD] DirectX sound driver detection bug?

> Then again, I don't know how to configure my sound card to use DXC/AXC.

I think you can't force DirectSound to enumerate your card as the nth
devices.

> I presume his card using these are related to the crash.

Ah! Sorry, I misinterpreted your successful report with DXC/AXC. I initially
thought this would cause Allegro to jump to WOA directly, but it's not the
case.

I can think of the following scenario: DXA and DXB are enumerated by
DirectSound as NULL devices and recorded so by Allegro. Later Allegro asks
DirectSound to create these NULL devices and Windows crashes. The problem is
that doing so is legal according to the DirectX 7 SDK:
"Address of the GUID that identifies the sound device. The value of this
parameter must be one of the GUIDs returned by DirectSoundEnumerate, or NULL
for the default device".

Nevertheless I've attached a patch. Could you try it ?

> I've never used GDB. How would I do this?

As this happens on another computer than yours, I don't know if this is
practicable.

Get GDB for Mingw32 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/, compile
your executable with no optimization and full debug support (-g) and link it
against the statically linked debug version of Allegro (liballd_s.a). Use an
allegro.cfg file with gfx_card set to DXWN so as to force a windowed mode
and type "gdb your_executable_name.exe". Then "run" inside GDB. When the
program crashes, type "bt" to get the callframe traceback.

Off-topic: why do you need to modify "flip_pan" ?

--
Eric Botcazou